AzNET Multilink (Dual Modem 112K) Quickstart for Windows MENote: Multilink connections require a Multilink enabled account to work. To upgrade your account to Multilink, just email Customer Care or phone 800-438-9638.
- First, setup your internet connection as per the instructions here. Make sure both modems are attached to your computer and hooked up to a phone line each.
- Open up your Dial-Up Networking Properties window (Right click on the AzNET icon in the Dial-up Networking folder on your hard drive, and select "Properties" from the popup menu). A window will appear like the below:
- Click on the "Multilink" tab Check "Use Additional Devices", and select the "Add" button
- Choose the second modem to be used from the Device name drop down menu. Make sure your AzNET local access number is in the "Phone number" box.
- Then click OK as needed to close out the dialog boxes, and you are finished.
When you dialup, your first modem will make the connection. After it has connected, the second modem will then connect and the two connections will be "bonded" together. If you have 2 56K modems then your connection speed can be up to 106,000 bps for downloading traffic and up to 67,200 bps for uploading traffic.
Return to the AzNET Setup Pages