Multilink (Dual Modem 112K) Quickstart for Windows ME
Note: Multilink connections require a Multilink enabled account to
work. To upgrade your account to Multilink, just email Customer Care or phone 800-438-9638.
1. First, setup your internet connection as per the instructions
Make sure both modems are attached to your computer and
hooked up to a phone line each.
2. Open up your Dial-Up Networking Properties window (Right click on
the icon in the Dial-up Networking folder on your hard drive, and
select "Properties" from the popup menu). A window will appear.
3. Click on the "Multilink" tab. Check "Use Additional Devices", and
select the "Add" button
4. Choose the second modem to be used from the Device name drop down
menu. Make sure your local access number is in the "Phone number"
5. Then click OK as needed to close out the dialog boxes, and you are
When you dialup, your first modem will make the connection. After
it has connected, the second modem will then connect and the two
connections will be "bonded" together. If you have 2 56K modems
then your connection speed can be up to 106,000 bps for
downloading traffic and up to 67,200 bps for uploading traffic.