AzNET Fixed-base Wireless Quickstart for Windows 95 and 98
To connect one computer:
- Ensure you have a Ethernet Network Interface Card (NIC) installed and correctly configured in your computer.
- Plug one end of a CAT 5 cable into your computer's NIC and the other end into the LAN interface on the Wireless Internet transceiver.
- Open the property settings for your computer's LAN interface by doing the following:
- Right-click on Network Neighborhood and select Properties
- Click TCP/IP then click the properties button, then click on the IP Address tab. Enter your computer's IP address and subnet mask (included in your install package).
- Click the Gateway tab and specify the gateway address (included in your install package)
- Click the DNS tab and specify your DNS server primary and secondary addresses.
- Primary: 18.104.22.168
- Secondary: 22.214.171.124
- Click OK until prompted to restart. You must restart your computer for the new settings to take effect.
To connect multiple computers:
- You will need to connect an Ethernet hub or switch into the Wireless Internet transceiver. Follow the instructions included with your hub or switch for connecting to a router. In some instances, a cross-over Ethernet cable may be required. However, some devices have built-in cross-over ports than can be used in lieu of cross-over cables.
- Follow the steps for connecting one computer above, skipping step 2. Plug one end of your computer into an available port on the hub or switch.
- Continue the instructions above, beginning at step 3.
Return to the AzNET Setup Pages