AzNET QUICKSTART FOR OUTLOOK EXPRESS
The following applies to versions 4 and 5 for Windows 95/98, Windows NT and
version 4 for Windows 3.1. It assumes that you are configuring Outlook for a
dial-up connection and that the connection itself is already configured and
Ver. 1.0 STH
- In Outlook Express, click TOOLS, ACCOUNTS.
- In the INTERNET ACCOUNTS dialog box, click ADD, and then click MAIL.
- In the DISPLAY NAME box, type the name you want others to see when
you send a message. Example: Joe Goodguy
- In the E-MAIL ADDRESS box, type the e-mail address for the account
you are using. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under E-MAIL SERVER NAMES, type the names of your incoming and outgoing
mail servers. (See your Configuration Guide.) Click NEXT.
- Type your POP username (not email address) and password in the POP
ACCOUNT NAME and PASSWORD boxes. (The username is before the at symbol (@)
in your address and is usually the same as your PPP username. Example:
janedoe, not email@example.com)
- In the INTERNET MAIL ACCOUNT NAME box, type a name for your account. It
can be anything you wish. Click NEXT.
- Select "Use my phone line to connect" from CONNECTION TYPE and then
click NEXT. (This step does not apply to Outlook Express 5.) Select "Use an
existing dial-up connection," and click on the name you had selected for
your Dial-Up Networking connection from the list, and then click NEXT,