AzNET Mac OS X Email Quickstart
- Double-click the Mail shortcut icon in your Dock on the desktop (it's the icon with a postage stamp and
- Click the Mail menu, and select Preferences.
A window will appear titled "Mail Preferences".
- Under "Check Accounts for new mail", choose "Manually".
- Click the Create Account button.
- A new window will pop up. Click the Account Information tab.
- Click Account Type menu and choose "POP
Account". (If you are familiar with IMAP and prefer to use it
you can select that instead).
- Enter your AzNET email address in the Description field.
- Enter your AzNET email address in the Email Address field.
- Enter your name (or whatever you would
like to appear in the "From" line of your outgoing mail) in the
Full Name field.
- Enter your incoming mail server name (from your new account
Quickstart) in the Host Name field.
- Enter your AzNET email username in the User Name field.
- Enter your email password in the Password field.
- In the SMTP Host field, type your outgoing mail server name (from your new account
- Click on the Account Options tab.
- "Enable this Account" should be checked
- "Include this account when checking for new mail" should be
- "Delete messages on server after downloading" should be
- Click "OK"